Superior quality ductile iron pipes
TATA Ductura offers a paradigm of advantages engineered to the exact requirements of individual customers and applications. Consequently, all our DI pipes come with the promise of high quality and dimensional precision.
TATA Ductura's reliability stems primarily from its outstanding durability, strength, corrosion resistance, and impact. This made Ductura a top Ductile Iron Pipe brand across the country and preferred among waterworks specialists.
Ductile iron has very high tensile strength due to its spherical graphite microstructure. Therefore, it can handle much higher pressure and stress than cast iron. Ductile Iron Pipes also ensure better beam strength and greater resistance to impact and traffic load.
Ductile iron has excellent anti-corrosive properties. The table below clearly shows that corrosion is much less in the case of Ductile Iron Pipes than other pipes.
Tata Ductura offers DI-pipes with flexible push-on joints which do not leak at high or low pressure, even when deflected. Thus, these pipes are flexible, easy, and quick to join.
Ductile Iron Pipes are lined with cement mortar using large centrifugal force. The advantages of Cement Mortar Lining (CML) are the following -
● Provides higher Hazen William's 'C' value. CML for Ductile Iron Pipes has a C value of 140 compared to 100 for bare metallic pipes. A higher C value reduces pumping costs
● Increases carrying capacity
● The pipe wall becomes passive by the alkaline reaction of cement
● It prevents pitting and tuberculation of metallic pipes and prevents the production of red water
● A smooth inner surface improves flow capability
● It prevents abrasion of the pipe wall and increases pipe life
Ductile Iron Pipes are extremely workable - flexible, easy, and quick to install. Installation is less expensive and requires no special tool or high skilled workforce.
Ductile Iron Pipes are made from recycled steel and iron scrap.
● Having as much as 98% recycled content, Ductile Iron Pipe is itself 100% recyclable, and decades of extensive use have demonstrated it presents no adverse health risks.
● Pumping through a Ductile Iron Pipe instead of PVC can save about 40% of energy consumption. This also means less carbon-dioxide production and an overall fall in carbon emissions.
● A ductile iron pipe is not vulnerable to pollutants creeping their way into drinking water.
● Toxic substances cannot find their way into drinking water if ductile iron pipes are used.