Focussing on customer-centricity, Tata Metaliks has set up a Customer Service Centre that offers a range of end-to-end technical services for the foundries.
The team of experienced professionals, technicians and engineers offer training and consultancy services in different areas of foundry operation.
Charge mix and melting
- Advice on suitable charge mix after careful assessment of the chemistry required in casting, grade of casting and melting unit.
- Advice on different areas of cupola operation - coke bed preparation; charge materials size and weight optimisation; charging sequence in the cupola; air requirement of cupola; taphole preparation and inoculant addition; and improvement of melt rate in cupola.
- Suggesting charging sequence in induction furnace to get maximum recovery of additives and reduce power consumption.
Moulding and core making
- Demonstration and guidance on suitable moulding and core making methods depending on the accuracy required in casting.
- Services to improve surface finish of the casting.
- Services to reduce non-conformities in casting.
- Assistance in firming up standard operating procedures.
S G Iron production & development
- Assistance in different areas of S G Iron production - selection of raw materials for ductile iron, composition according to grade requirement, desulphurization and carburization techniques, selection of spheroidizing additives, fading of the spheroidizing effect and inoculation technique.
- Assistance in different areas of S G Iron development - selection of the process, selection of the treatment technique, calculation of Mg alloy, terminology and grades.
Project based consultancy
- Assistance on modifying combined blast to divided blast cupola.
- New product development (from methoding to approval by customer's customer).
- Services to control suspended particulate matter in cupola furnace stack gases and to improve the efficiency of the equipment.
- Cupola preparation & operation and charge mix calculation.
- S G Iron development and production.
- Non-conformities analysis and implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
- Reduction of production costs and non-conformities percentage.
- Safety aspects.
Tata Metaliks' state-of-the-art laboratory offers testing facilities to test the following foundry raw materials and consumables -
- Coke and Coal: Ash, Volatile Matter, Carbon, Sulphur and Phosphorous.
- Casting, Scrap and Pig Iron: Carbon, Silicon, Manganese, Sulphur, Phosphorous and Chromium.
- Limestone: CaO and MgO.
- Graphite Powder, Fire Bricks and Ferro Alloys are also tested as per customer requirement.